What is Baeumler Approved?
Our goal at Baeumler Approved is to help homeowners connect with contractors, trades and home service providers from all across Canada. We help homeowners know what to look for, seek out and vouch for a history of good service by speaking with previous clients and collaborators. All Baeumler Approved members are required to make a commitment to honesty, integrity, and quality service by signing our code of conduct. If a member is found to broken their commitment, they can be removed from our database.
Why does this program exist?
It is too often that we hear of homeowners being ripped off or misled by contractors or service providers that are only out to make a quick buck. The Baeumler Approved Program was established in order to help homeowners avoid these fly-by-night businesses and connect with reputable companies with a history of integrity and quality work.
How do you select your members?
Baeumler Approved members must demonstrate a verifiable history of quality work and customer satisfaction. Applicants are subjected to our screening process.
- Customer Feedback: We speak directly with previous clients to get a sense of quality of work, level of service, pricing, follow up, and communication.
- Collaborating Trades: We speak with other companies that our applicants have collaborated with to ensure safety compliance, quality of work, and communication demonstrated on the job-site.
- Online: We establish a complete on-line history of referrals, testimonials and complaints lodged against potential members.
- Insurance: All Baeumler Approved members must have active liability insurance coverage of at least $1,000,000.
- Workers compensation: All Baeumler Approved members must confirm Workers compensation coverage.
- Professional Certifications: Where required, Baeumler Approved members must provide evidence of professional certifications (Master Plumber, Master Electrician etc....).
What is your code of conduct?
All Baeumler Approved Members are required to adhere to our Code of Conduct, based on Bryan’s approach to customer service and satisfaction.
- Treat customers and homeowners with courtesy and respect.
- Provide written quotes that are reasonable, honest, and fair.
- Communicate project status to the customer on a timely basis.
- Complete work to a professional standard.
- Comply with all federal, provincial/state and municipal by-laws and regulations.
- Provide employees with training required to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain insurance and comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean, safe workspace and respect the property of the homeowner.
- Always use a certified professional when and where applicable.
We encourage feedback from homeowners in regards to work completed by our members. Homeowners and clients are encouraged to contact us through our website or through the “Client Feedback Survey” we provide to our members.
If a member is not compliant with our code-of conduct or performs work that is not to the expected standard of quality they can be removed from the Baeumler Approved Network without refund.
What are the benefits for members?
Once they are fully approved, members can take advantage of the many benefits of the Baeumler Approved Program. They can use the association in order to win more work, because of the trust that homeowners have in the pre-screening of the Baeumler Approved Program. Members can also access new clients they may not have connected with otherwise, through our interactive website. Our networking publications and events allow members to connect with each other to find quality work and people to work with. They can also take advantage of our partner programs with major suppliers across Canada including Lowe’s, Petro Canada and Staples.
What are the benefits for homeowners?
Homeowners are encouraged to seek out several quotes and choose the contractor or service provider that they feel most comfortable collaborating with. Baeumler Approved helps homeowners connect with contractors, trades and services that have a history of integrity, quality work and the required insurance documentation.
You are encouraged to request copies of ALL certifications, liscences and insurance documents to ensure compliance.
What if I encounter issues with the work of a Baeumler Approved Member?
In the event that a complaint is lodged, we will request reports from both the homeowner and the company involved. If the Baeumler Approved Member is found to have contravened our code of conduct, or if they are not willing to make a good-faith effort to resolve the issue their listing may be removed. This process is at the discretion of Baeumler Approved staff.
Baeumler Approved performs reference checks in order to verify previous history of work and quality of service and verifies insurance and Workers Compensation. Homeowners are encouraged to perform additional reference checks and to ensure all permits, inspections, insurance and certifications are obtained. Baeumler Approved does not accept liability for work completed by any Baeumler Approved Contractor and will not intervene in any form of legal dispute between members and customers. The Customer acknowledges that any contract entered into is entirely at the Customer’s own risk.